Since 1971, Amego has provided a comfortable, structured, student-centered residential program for children and young adults. Our private homes are located in residential settings that provide a sense of community and belonging. Our homes support children, adolescents and young adults ages 8 to 21.
Residential and school staff work hand-in-hand, employing the same, consistent approach when implementing new learning and development in personal skills which spans both settings. Students have a wide choice of leisure and home management activities, all of which complement and extend their educational experiences. Our high staff-to-resident ratio affords each child the engagement and attention necessary to participate in all activities and to ensure their individual needs are met.
Communication between the home and school is vital. All staff meet frequently and work collaboratively on education plans to maximize progress.
Features of residential services include:
- Dedicated manager in each home
- Onsite staff supervision
- Caring, compassionate, and trained front-line workforce
- Access to clinicians and administrators at all times
- Daily access to meaningful community activities
- Clinical programs developed by Licensed and Board Certified Behavior Analysts
- Ongoing staff-training
- Coordination of medical care